What is Far Infrared?
Far infrared is a form of light that is invisible to the naked eye, but can be felt as heat – same as the feeling of warmth from the sun and the heat our body gives off. Biological research has shown that far infrared rays are safe and beneficial to the human body as they increase our body’s molecular vibration and generate heat inside.
Made in France, our FreeSlim Far Infrared Body Wrap emits far infrared energy output in wavelengths of 7 – 14 microns, which closely correspond to the body’s radiant energy. Far infrared waves deeply penetrate our body’s subcutaneous layers and increase the body’s molecular vibration. Continuous molecular vibration elevates dermis temperature, enlarges blood vessels, stimulates blood circulation and activates metabolism in tissues and cells, providing therapeutic and tissue regenerative properties.
Benefits of Far Infrared Body Wrap Treatment:
Detoxification: Sweating is one of the safest and most natural ways to detoxify our body. Each 45-minute session causes profound perspiration, which carries toxins and impurities out of the body through the open pores.
Blood Circulation: With an infrared body wrap session, blood circulation is increased up to 3.5 times, allowing more richly oxygenated blood flow which is crucial in maintaining healthy tissues and muscles.
Relaxation: Just laid down and relax! Immersive infrared thermotherapy helps maintain healthy levels of cortisol – your body’s primary stress hormone.
Pain relief: With increased nutrients and oxygen rich blood flows, the treatment aids the healing of muscle and soft tissue injuries, and the relief of aches and pain.
Body fluid reduction: Because of its sweat inducing capabilities, the far infrared treatment is highly effective in reducing excess body fluid.
Skin rejuvenation: The treatment brings you clearer and smoother skin by increasing oxygen and nutrient supply to tissues and cells, as well as removing toxins.
Weight loss: A FREESLIM Far Infrared Body Wrap session simulates a workout, but without the pain or fatigue. When your body core temperature rises, fat tissues are softened, your body works to cool itself by using calories and the metabolic rate rises. The effects continue throughout the day. By combining with healthy eating and regular exercise, the desired weight loss result will be achieved quicker with the FREESLIM treatment.
(DISCLAIMER: FREESLIM Far Infrared Body Wrap is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and should not be construed as a substitute for any medical treatment program. The information contained on this website is for general information purpose only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties about its completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability. Seek medical or other professional advice if you have any concerns at any time in using far infrared treatment. Individual results vary.)
Prepare for Your Body Wrap Treatment
BEFORE the treatment
- Monitor your physical condition. If in any doubt, please consult your doctor before using the wrap.
- Keep yourself hydrated during the day. Drink another 500ml of water in the hour prior to the wrap.
- Do not eat in the hour prior to the wrap.
- Bring the following:
- Bikini swimmers / sports bra with shorts / undies for use during the treatment
- a change of clothes for after the session
- one or two towels
- a water bottle
- Go to the bathroom before the treatment starts
- Take off body jewellery
DURING the treatment
- You will feel hot and you will sweat, but you must be comfortable during the wrap.
- Everyone has a different degree of heat tolerance. Let the therapist know immediately if you feel unwell. A buzzer is provided for you to alert the therapist.
- Relax during your wrap. Listen to your favourite music or just take a nap.
- When the session finishes, stay in bed for a few minutes and make sure you feel completely fine before getting up from the bed.
AFTER the treatment
- Drink another 500-600ml room temperature water after the session. Isotonic or electrolyte drinks (low sugar) help replenish the vitamins and minerals that may be depleted during the wrap.
- Keep hydrating as much as possible for the rest of the day so you can continue to flush wastes out.
- Reduce carbohydrate intake for at least 24 hours after the session.
- It’s not necessary to shower right after a wrap. When you do shower, make sure the water is warm, NOT cold.
- Maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle by having nutritional meals and exercising regularly. Exercise after the wrap can help accelerate weight loss result.
- Book your next wrap after 48 hours.
How long does each session last?
Each treatment session is 45 minutes, plus 10-15 minutes to prepare yourself.
What do I wear during a body wrap treatment?
For ladies, please wear a bikini or a sports bra and shorts. For men, shorts are fine.
How often should I undertake the treatment?
For weight loss, 2-3 sessions should be undertaken each week. For pain management, 1-2 sessions per week are recommended. There must be at least 48 hours between each session. When your goal is achieved, the sessions can be reduced to 2-4 times per month as maintenance.
How much does it cost?
The regular price for one session is $69, but your first session costs only $33. Discounted packages are available when you purchase 3 or more sessions:
1 Wrap $69
3 Wraps $189
5 Wraps $299
10 Wraps $499
Is there anyone the treatment not suitable for?
You should not undertake an infrared treatment if you have the following conditions: heart issues, reduced ability to perspire, hemophilia, fever, insensitivity to heat, pregnancy, joint injury within the last 48 hours or an injury that is still hot and swollen, consumption of alcohol or recreational drugs in the last 8 hours.
Consult your doctor if you are on any prescription medication or have varicose veins, metal pins and rods, or any other implants. You will be asked to fill in a medical questionnaire for assessment of your suitability of using the treatment. If you have any medical issues, you may be required to present a doctor’s certificate. Always seek medical and professional advice if you have any concerns with infrared treatment.
Can I have any other infrared or heat treatment on the same day of my session?
It is not recommended, as it is possible to get a burn or a heat rash if both treatments are carried out in the same day.